Saturday 23 January 2016

Padang Padang Beach


During my 3-day trip to Bali in summer 2015, I went to different beaches every evening for the breath-taking sunsets. On the third day, I went to Padang Padang Beach, my favourite beach of all.

I entered the beach by walking down a dark swampy stairs. It was so dark that I needed to turn on my phone torch. When you thought you were walking down to a muggy damp cave, you arrived at the door of a wonderland.



The pictures pretty much speak for themselves. The sun sets right in front of you till it reaches the same horizon you are standing on.

My friend and I walked around a bit. We started off with the comfy white sand on the beach, then walked towards the water. The water was shallow at that time. There are little islands of stones and rocks among the shallow water. We walked and skipped across the little pieces of lands as we saw algae flickering under the sunlight.



After walking for around 10 minutes, we arrive at a large piece of land with millions of green algae. 


When you stand on the algae land and look ahead, you see the firing skyline and the huge roaring waves. When you look back, you see the peaceful and clear water reflecting the sky and clouds. The magnificence and dynamics of nature are opulently set before you as you turn 360. 

As the sun sets, it gets darker and I dare not to walk too close to the ocean. I headed back and it has turned completely dark when I reach the sands again. My friends have been waiting for the two of us but we were captivated by a few caves before us. So we quickly took a peep and the most surprising thing happened. We saw little yellow lights blinking and dancing in the dark. It's fireflies! We dare not to breathe for fear our noise would scare the beautiful creatures away. Both of us watched quietly in awe. We tried to walk closer into the cave but we stopped as soon as we heard sounds of flapping wings. Bats, i guess? 

We went there for a short 2 hours, but it definitely has become one of the most memorable experiences in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment